Thursday, July 22, 2010

First week as a Tropical Taster Maker

My first week went alright. I'm very tired, but the upside is... I may be losing weight, due to my lack of time spent to sit down and eat something. The first week was to test out the food, take suggestions from my customers, make a few changes. Feel out the place, find out what really works best for me. I just have to remember that this restaurant is mine and make sure everyone else knows that. Of course those with more experience than I have great advice, but I can't have them try to adopt my "baby" as their own.

Balance; that is what I'm working on now. I need to use my time wisely, including taking time for myself. I feel like I'm at the restaurant all the time, which I'm not complaining about, but know I need to get away from it sometimes, so I don't dread going there every time I step through the door. My high school is having a Reunion. I want to go, but now I can't. It got me thinking, will I be stuck here forever? I love working for myself but, I can't have this consume my life. I need to find balance.

http://www.tropicaltasting.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment